Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Shelby's Birthday

Within a week of arrival in Idaho, Shelby had a birthday, so of course we had to celebrate "Tiffany" style! Shelby requested cupcakes, and knowing that her favorite colors are blue and green I made these adorable cupcakes.
I used colored Tootsie Rolls to make the flowers.
No birthday is complete without presents.
And then there is the birthday dinner. Mizithra spaghetti, and salad.
New backpack for school.
But her favorite was an elephant Pillow Pet, which let me tell you, Divine intervention made that possible. I ordered the Pillow Pet while still in Utah but had it sent to my Idaho address, because I knew I would be moving before it arrived. When the company sent me the shipping information I realized I put in the wrong address, I was two numbers off. I tried calling the company but could only get voice mail, and no one would return my telephone call.

I had a secret hope that the mail carrier would realize that someone had purchased the house and was just too stupid to know their correct address. ( i.e. me) That hope was dashed when Katie's preschool teacher sent the back to school information to the new house at the correct address, only to have it returned to her as "house vacant." I has resigned myself to the fact the gift would be returned to the company and I would have to have it resent to the correct address.

The day of Shelby's birthday I went to check the mail around 4:30 p.m.in the afternoon, and what was waiting in my mail box, the Pillow Pet. I think I might have been happier than Shelby when she opened the gift.

Here she is with making her birthday wish. It was a great day for Shelby! Now she knows what its like to have a birthday "Tiffany" style! (Look how she glows, I LOVE IT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment